“Don’t Quit” is truly an inspiring poem, very well written, simple and free-flowing; and yet with very powerful message that applies to anyone and everyone. It’s all about perseverance, tenacity, determination and will power to not to give up, especially when the things are going wrong and one is seemingly swimming against the tide. It’s worth remembering that it always gets darkest before the dawn. This is a superb inspiring poem indeed, although no one knows who wrote this poem and exactly how long ago it was written. It has inspired generations of Americans, and am sure it will continue to motivate many more for years to come.
Massachusetts, January 24, 2013.
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don’t you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow–
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor’s cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out–
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit–
It’s when things seem worst that you mustn’t quit.
– Author unknown
“Never give up when you strongly believe in something, or deeply love someone, regardless of how adverse it gets and how low you may feel at times. Never give up Hope, because the lowest ebb is often the sure sign of tide turning favorably. So, hold on to your Dreams, Beliefs, Values, Love and especially Hope – always!”
– Deodatta V. Shenai-Khatkhate.
- Favorite Inspirational Poem “Start Where You Stand” By Berton Braley. (dshenai.wordpress.com)
- Never Settle for Anything Less (dshenai.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Motivational Poem “Daffodils” By William Wordsworth (dshenai.wordpress.com)
- A Poem to Live By (thelionyls.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Poem: “The Riddle of Strider” By J.R.R. Tolkien. (dshenai.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Quit (staciapriscilla.com)
- Favorite Inspirational Poem “Don’t Quit” By Author Unknown (deodatusblog.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Inspirational Poem “Don’t Quit” By Author Unknown (dshenai.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Poem “Phenomenal Woman” By Maya Angelou (dshenai.wordpress.com)
dshenai.wordpress.com © 2013